LEMON LEMON ON THE WALL-
One of my all time miracle foods is lemons. I have so much to write about the humble lemon! Let me say this: Most diseases live in an acidic surrounding. Surprisingly lemons, once they hit the body are not acidic, but in fact chemically becomes a FANTASTIC alkaline that cancer and many anti immune diseases cannot thrive in.
If you are a lazy healthy nut or an active one do one simple thing and make plenty of pitchers of fresh lemonade in your fridge. DO NOT USE A MIX with aspartame or saccharine (these cause free radicals /cancer cells) . We are talking FRESH only here!
So drink and give the kids lots of fresh lemonade. So I am covering all bases if the lemons are not organic please soak them in a vinegar water solution for 20 minutes. Then rinse in cold water with a fruit scrub brush if you have one. Once done you can slice and throw all parts of the lemon, rind and all, to make this thirst quencher body healer. Add a little raw honey to sweeten; optional some mashed mint leaves and wallah one super healthy anti bacterial, anti oxidant, anti inflammatory drink.
Think ALKALINE ALKALINE ALKALINE!
1. Lemon being a citrus fruit, fights against infection.
It helps in production of WBC’s and antibodies in blood which attacks the invading microorganism and prevents infection.
2. Lemon is an antioxidant which deactivates the free radicals preventing many dangerous diseases like stroke, cardiovascular diseases and cancers.
3. Lemon lowers blood pressure and increases the levels of HDL (good cholesterol) .
4. Lemon is found to be anti-carcinogenic which lower the rates of colon, prostate, and breast cancer.
They prevent faulty metabolism in the cell, which can predispose a cell to becoming carcinogenic.
Also blocks the formation of nitrosamines in the gut.
5. Lemon juice is said to give a glow to the skin.
6. A few drops of lemon juice in hot water are believed to clear the digestive system and purify liver as well.
7. The skin of lemon dried under the sun and then ground to make powder can be applied to the hair for a few minutes before bath which relieves head ache and cools the body.
8. Applying lemon juice to acne dries the existing ones and prevents from getting more.
9. Lemon juice acts as a natural hair lightner and skin bleach which reduces the pigment melanin and prevents
the risk of chemical allergic reactions which is common with hair dyes and bleaches.
10. Lemon juice is given to relieve gingivitis, stomatitis, and inflammation of the tongue.
11. Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold.
12. Lemon juice is given to prevent or treat urinary tract infection and gonorrhea.
13. Lemon juice is applied to the sites of bites and stings of certain insects to relieve its poison and pain.
14. Lemon juice relieves colic pain and gastric problems.
15. Lemon juice soothes the dry skin when applied with little glycerin.
16. Lemon juice used for marinating seafood or meat kills bacteria and other organisms present in them,
thereby prevents many gastro-intestinal tract infections.
17. Lemon juice with a pinch of salt (warm) every morning lowers cholesterol levels and brings down your weight.
18. Lemon juice is the best drink to prevent dehydration and shock in case of diarrhea.
19. Lemon juice can also be used as a mouthwash. It removes plaque, whitens the teeth and strengthens the enamel.
20. A table spoon on thick lemon syrup everyday relieves asthma.
21. Lemon juice relieves chilblains and itchy skin.
22. Gargling lemon juice relieves throat infection and also used as a treatment for diphtheria.
23. Lemon juice is an excellent treatment for dandruff and greasy hair.
24. Lemon applied over the face removes wrinkles and keeps you young.
25. Lemon juice helps to prevent and cure osteoarthritis.
Juice from 8 lemons
2 c water
EAGLES – TEQUILA SUNRISE
Until next time, Happy Cooking! : )
Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant - Robert Louis Stevenson