Bistec Encebollado (Cubed Steak with Onions)
Author: Adapted from "Puerto Rico True Flavors" by Wilo Benet
- 1 pkg. 3-4 Cubed Steaks
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. white vinegar
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. GOYA® Adobo con Pimiento
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 C Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Place meat on cutting board.
- Pound each piece of meat , without tearing, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and Adobo; mix well.
- Place meat in container with marinade.
- Cover with onion rings.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a saute pan over medium high heat, warm ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Remove meat from marinade (reserve marinade and onions) and add to pan.
- Cook 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove steaks from pan.
- Add onions and marinade to pan, and cook until onions are lightly browned.
- Deglaze with chicken stock, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a full boil, and cook for another minute.
- Stir in cold butter to thicken the sauce.
- Pour onion sauce over steaks, and serve with white rice.
Music to cook by . . . .
Until next time, Happy Cooking!
“A mal tiempo, buena cara” – (In bad times, a face held high) – Unknown