Once again, I am reposting a favorite recipe of ours. This is something I cook quite often, and I hope you will like it as well as we do.
Chuletas Fritas en Ajo (Garlic Fried Pork Chops)
Adapted from "A Taste of Puerto Rico: Traditional and New Dishes from the Puerto Rican Community"
- 8-10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp GOYA® Adobo con Pimiento (with Pepper)
- ½ c olive oil
- white vinegar to taste
- 4-6 pork chops
- 2-3 c vegetable oil
- In a mortar, crush the garlic. Yes, in a mortar. It just won't be the same if you use a food processor.
- Add the adobo, olive oil, and vinegar; mix well.
- Pour mixture over pork chops; marinate in refrigerator from 30 minues to overnight.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Fry chops with garlic until golden brown. Add as many additional garlic cloves as you like. I add at least 8 more.
You can serve this with anything you like, but I serve it with Arroz Amarillo (Yellow Rice) and Tostones con Mojito de Ajo (Twice-Fried Plantains with Garlic Sauce). Dee-lish!
Music to cook by . . .
Until next time, Happy Cooking! :)
“The point is not to pay back kindness but to pass it on.” – Julia Alvarez