Once upon a time, recipes were passed through families from generation to generation. These days, we don’t even use cookbooks as often as we once did, preferring to find our recipes online.
I’m happy to report that the original recipe that inspired this one came from a family member. Admittedly, I tend to communicate with all of them online more than in person (my fault; I need to work on that), but at least we still have a line of communication. My cousin’s wife Govanna said she prepared Taco Pizza for dinner and they loved it. She was nice enough to share it with me, and if you know me at all by now, changes were made. Not major, you understand; how many ways can you fix Taco Pizza, anyway, right? But based on what I had on hand, as well as our preferences, I tweaked it just a bit…..
- Taco Pizza
- (1) Mama Mary’s pizza crust
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg Ortega taco seasoning
- ⅔ C water
- ⅔ C Ortega taco sauce
- ⅔ C traditional pasta sauce
- ¼ C refried beans
- 1 C mozzarella cheese
- shredded Kraft Taco blend cheese
- shredded tomato
- shredded lettuce
- 1 – 1 oz. Cool Ranch Doritos
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Add water and taco seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil; reduce and simmer 3 minutes.
- Mix taco sauce, pasta sauce, and refried beans in a bowl.
- Spread thoroughly on pizza crust.
- Top with mozzarella and taco meat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with crushed Doritos.
- Spread lettuce and tomato over pizza and serve.
Until next time–Happy Cooking! :)
“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” ― Henry James