Tequila Lime Chicken
- 6 drumsticks or 12 chicken wings or drumettes
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C corn meal
- vegetable oil
- ½ C honey
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp tequila
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in pan deep enough to fry chicken without turning often.
- Mix flour and corn meal together in a shallow dish.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture until well coated.
- Place in hot oil and fry until golden.
- When chicken is done, place in glass baking dish and pour glaze over chicken, turning pieces over until well coated.
- If desired, place dish in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes before serving.
Music to cook by . . .
Until next time, Happy Cooking! :)
“In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours.” — Mark Twain