Lemon Rice Pilaf
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- ½ C medium grain rice
- 1 C water
- 1 Tbsp bottled lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- ¼ tsp ground thyme
- Melt the butter in a covered pan or rice pot (caldero).
- Add the celery and onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rice and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add lime juice, water, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot, lower heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice vinegar, lemon pepper, and ground thyme before serving.
Music to Cook By . . .
Until next time, Happy Cooking! :)
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables