Thanksgiving favorites: Deep Dish Pecan Pie
NOTE: Pie shells come in packs of two, so you’ll either want to bake two pecan pies or leave one in the freezer for a later use. Leave the pie shells in the freezer until you’re ready to use them. Also, this recipe will taste best if you use real vanilla flavoring, not imitation.
- 1 C Karo Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1½ C chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Marie Callender’s Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shell, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 6 ingredients together.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in center of oven for 60 minutes.
- Cool for at least 2 hours before serving.
Music to cook by . . .
Until next time, Happy Cooking! :)
Heap high the board with plenteous cheer and gather to the feast,
And toast the sturdy Pilgrim band whose courage never ceased.
~Alice W. Brotherton