Thanksgiving favorites: SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND DRESSING
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 5 c cornbread crumbs
- 2 c biscuit or bread crumbs
- 1- 14 oz. can chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 med onion, minced
- 1 c celery, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1½ tsp sage
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- ½ c water
- Cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Pour water and ½ can of soup in slow cooker.
- Mix crumbs, one can of soup, broth, eggs, onion, celery, pepper and sage.
- Put a layer of chopped chicken in slow cooker and top with a layer of crumb mixture.
- Repeat, making 3 layers.
- Top mixture with ½ can of soup.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
Music to cook by . . .
Until next time, Happy Cooking! :)
“Thankfulness creates gratitude, which generates contentment that causes peace.” –Todd Stocker