This recipe is a great use for ALL those garden vegetables! Some of you know what I mean….it’s August, and you’re tired of dealing with the garden, but the pesky things won’t stop growing! If you have something else you need to use, just toss it in.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 C beef stock
- 1½ C uncooked bow-tie pasta
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ C chopped green bell pepper
- 1 C chopped yellow squash
- 1 chopped banana pepper
- ½ C frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 C chopped tomatoes
- 1 C shredded Mild Cheddar Jack cheese
- Brown ground beef with onion powder in large skillet; drain.
- Add beef stock.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in seasonings and vegetables.
- Add pasta and return to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Place cheese on top of mixture.
- Remove heat and let skillet set 5 minutes while cheese melts before serving.
Music to Cook By . . .
Until next time, Happy Cooking! :)
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker