OVEN ROASTED DR PEPPER CAN CHICKEN
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 can of Dr Pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- Leftover marinade from Pernil
- Peel and smash garlic cloves, breaking into small chunks.
- Carefully pull the skin loose from the chicken and gently push marinade under the skin as far as it will go. Do this around the entire chicken.
- Put additional marinade inside the chicken.
- Now, push the garlic cloves under the skin.
- Rub the remaining marinade all over the outside of the chicken.
- Set in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour half of the can of Dr Pepper out. (The cook needs something to drink, anyway.)
- Place the can in the chicken can stand. (I don’t care how many times you say that; it’s always funny!)
- Place the stand in the middle of a roasting pan or baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake 90 minutes, until juices run clear when skin is pierced.
|Is it just me, or does the chicken look like it’s trying to get away?||
Music to cook by . . .
Until next time, Happy Cooking!
If you don’t like basketball and you’re from Kentucky, they’ll kick you out! – Josh Hopkins