- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ C lentils
- 1 link Chorizo sausage
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery with leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Homemade Tomato Catsup (http://theselftaughtcook.com/2012/07/to-may-to-to-mah-to-its-all-good-mamaws-homemade-tomato-catsup/)
- 4½ C beef stock
- 2 C water
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp dried chopped bay leaves
- ½ tsp ground thyme
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- In a stockpot or large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions and garlic 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in crumbled chorizo sausage.
- Add carrots, celery, lentils, tomato catsup, beef stock, water, bay leaves, thyme, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer 60 minutes.
- Stir in tarragon and ground pepper.
- Simmer additional 30 minutes before serving.
Music to Cook by . . .
Until next time, Happy Cooking! :)
“November always seemed to me the Norway of the year.”
- Emily Dickinson