- 1 - 12.5 oz can Fully Cooked Chunk Chicken, drained
- 1 Tbsp Adobo con Pimiento
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ packet Sazon with Achiote
- 6 garlic cloves, mashed
- ½ C Spanish-style tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp recaito
- 8 pimento-stuffed olives
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 C medium-grain rice
- 2 C chicken stock
- ⅓ C red roasted pepper, cut into strips
- In a medium-size pot or caldero, heat EVOO.
- Add Sazon, Adobo, garlic, tomato sauce, green pepper, recaito, olives, capers, and onion powder.
- Saute over medium heat for two minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Return to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken.
- Lower heat; allow rice to simmer slowly until tender.
- Add red pepper strips.
Music to Cook By . . .
Until next time, Happy Cooking! :)
August, the summer’s last messenger of misery, is a hollow actor. - Henry Rollins