It’s Monday. I don’t really want to talk about it. Or about anything. But, I’ve been a sick, lazy blogger lately and I have wallowed in the depths of despair long enough. As the indomitable Scarlett O’hara said, “Tomorrow is another day.” Well, Scarlett, I’m declaring that today is tomorrow and it’s time to get up out of the radish patch, clench our fists, and declare, “As God is my witness, I’ll never be a silent blogger again.”
If you never saw the movie, you must think I’m nuts. You may think I’m a nut even if you did see the movie. That’s okay. If you ever meet me, you’ll feel justified. In the meantime, get back into that kitchen, wash up your margarita glasses you used Saturday ( no, I did nothing for Cinco de Mayo) and bake yo’ family a casserole full of love. Love and cheese. The two basic food groups.
LOADED BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
Recipe type: Casserole
- 1-32 oz. bag of frozen hash browns
- 1 can of cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2 c frozen broccoli florets
- 2-8 oz. tubs onions and chives cream cheese
- 3 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, fried until crisp, and crumbled
- 1 c green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place frozen hash browns in a medium-size bowl and cook in microwave 5 minutes.
- In a larger bowl, mix soups and cream cheese.
- Microwave 3 minutes, stir, and then microwave an additional 2 minutes until well blended.
- Stir in hash browns, broccoli, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar and stir until mixed well.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Top with 2 c shredded cheddar, crumbled bacon, and onions and bake, covered, 10 minutes.
MUSIC TO COOK BY
Until next time, Happy Cooking! : )
Just once, I would like to wake up, turn on the news, and hear…’Monday has been canceled, go back to sleep.’ - Unknown